LAURIE BLAZEK – EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Founded Blazek Financial Planning in January 2009
- Certified Financial Planner ™, March 2009
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst ™, December 2009
- Completed Basic Collaborative Divorce Training, October 2009
- Completed 40 Hours of Mediation Training, December 2009
- Completed Advanced Collaborative Divorce Training, November 2010
- Completed Over 90 Hours of Continuing Education in 2009-2010
- MBA Finance, DePaul University
- BS Business Administration, Illinois State University
- Over 25 years of experience as a private and corporate banker at major financial institutions like JP Morgan, Bank of America and Citibank.
You will have a different experience with Blazek Financial Planning than you will with most financial advisors. Because we are not affiliated with a bank, brokerage firm or insurance company, we sell no products and our advice is completely objective. As long as an advisor's compensation is based on commissions and fees, their recommendations cannot be without conflict of interest. Blazek Financial Planning provides advice on an hourly basis; fees reflect only the time spent providing the services you need. As a Registered Investment Advisor, Blazek Financial Planning is held to the highest legal and ethical fiduciary standard and always acts in your best interest.
When advice is not focused on maximizing product sales and commissions, a true partnership can be created between the client and advisor. In addition to her technical knowledge and many years of assisting individuals and businesses with financial matters, Laurie Blazek is trained in life planning, mediation and conflict resolution. This training is part of her holistic approach to financial planning and developing long-term relationships. Effective planning begins with listening to each client's needs, concerns and objectives. When a client-planner partnership is created, everyone is engaged in both the process and the outcome. The end result is not an off-the-shelf product but customized solutions and action plans. The right planning with the right advisor can make all the difference.